CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

SPRING BREAK?

Spring break in Michigan is an oxymoron. Sunday evening we got 6 inches of heavy wet snow that broke trees and created power outages! We were out of power for 16 hours, which means we were unable to use our water because we have a well. Michael and I were supposed to go to U of M engineering school for a tour, but we canceled. I really need a shower or I look like crap, just ask the "bub". We played board games and had a very low key day. I guess the only good part was the quality time I had with Michael. No x-box or TV. We go to Purdue school of engineering and technology, Indianapolis on Friday. Hopefully all will go as planned!

Yesterday Michael and I went to Kalamazoo. They have a store there that will buy his old x-box games. He made $40. We went to the mall to look for khaki pants for him. I was amazed to find no khaki pants. We went to Abercrombie "just to look". I asked a clerk if they had any khakis' and he said they had some that were on sale in the back room. He found Michael's size, so we lucked out finding a pair for $20. He got a couple polo's that were also on sale and a good buy.

Michael went to track today, they were able to run inside which was nice. His track meets and soccer games will start next week. It will be busy but fun for all of us.

Denso offered a buy out. After much deliberation and getting all the info Steve decided to stay and not take it. Due to the fact almost 40% would be taken out for taxes and health benefits would be $1000 per month, and trying to find a job could be difficult and stressful it isn't good timing.

I only work one day this week, but the rest of the month looks to be busy, so hopefully I'll recoup the lost days.

Hope everyone is doing well. Good luck to Mitch on his Dr appt. Love to all!

Happy Easter this weekend!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy Easter to you too!
we will go to brunch with Joel and fam and than I will have them here for dinner. I am keeping it simple with ham and scalloped potatoes and a vegie. will make a lemon cheese cake for dessert since I have lots of lemons to use up. Hope all is well! Luv u

Jen said...

Hope you had a good Easter. Sorry I haven't been as consistent in my comments lately. I think you and Steve did the right thing.