Remember when? This was about 40 years ago!Hello everyone. It has been awhile since my last post. Of course we had a nice time with Megan home. It went way too fast. Now I'm hoping Christmas goes by fast, because it will be "weird" around here. I guess I have to get used to it. It will definitely be different. Megan is doing really well and seems to like California living. She can tell me how warm it is there, and I can tell her I can get to the store in five minutes! It is an adjustment for us all.
I did get a new washer and dryer, and a dishwasher. It seems all our appliances are wearing out at the same time. I really like what I got. Whirlpool cabrio top loading washer and a steam dryer. I love that the washer doesn't go out of balance! We got a good deal at Lowe's, so that made me feel better. The most important feature for my dishwasher was that it was quiet. We can now watch tv in the living room and run the dishwasher in the kitchen!
I've baked a few holiday treats and have been busy with Christmas cards. My card list gets shorter every year. The treat that seems to be a hit this year is my pretzel wreaths. Steve took some into work and I think that is what Michael will give to his teachers this year. Here is the recipe: Round pretzels placed on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Place a Hershey kiss in the pretzel, cook at 170 for 5 mins. Place a m&m (I get the Christmas m&ms) into the kiss so the chocolate fills in the pretzel. Let cool and remove from wax paper. Simple treat that tastes good.
Michael finally finished his make up work at school from when we went to Fl. The main problem was his alg 2 class. He went in early everyday for 2 weeks to get caught up. I was proud that he did this on his own and I didn't nag him. He now has solid A's in all his classes. He only has training on Wed nights for soccer. He is hoping to be able to go snowboarding a lot this winter. He is in ski club at school. Quite a few of his friends board.
I have been busy at work. It seems hygienist have to do so much there isn't a lot of time to clean the patients teeth. Kind of gets ridiculous at times!
We are hoping the whole auto mess gets worked out. It is starting to effect Denso. They do supply the big three. We are hopeful that associates see what a union can do to a company and will keep Denso union free.
Hope everyone is having a good Christmas season and doesn't get caught up in all the "commercial stuff". We all need to be thankful everyday for the blessings we all share.
I did get a new washer and dryer, and a dishwasher. It seems all our appliances are wearing out at the same time. I really like what I got. Whirlpool cabrio top loading washer and a steam dryer. I love that the washer doesn't go out of balance! We got a good deal at Lowe's, so that made me feel better. The most important feature for my dishwasher was that it was quiet. We can now watch tv in the living room and run the dishwasher in the kitchen!
I've baked a few holiday treats and have been busy with Christmas cards. My card list gets shorter every year. The treat that seems to be a hit this year is my pretzel wreaths. Steve took some into work and I think that is what Michael will give to his teachers this year. Here is the recipe: Round pretzels placed on wax paper on a cookie sheet. Place a Hershey kiss in the pretzel, cook at 170 for 5 mins. Place a m&m (I get the Christmas m&ms) into the kiss so the chocolate fills in the pretzel. Let cool and remove from wax paper. Simple treat that tastes good.
Michael finally finished his make up work at school from when we went to Fl. The main problem was his alg 2 class. He went in early everyday for 2 weeks to get caught up. I was proud that he did this on his own and I didn't nag him. He now has solid A's in all his classes. He only has training on Wed nights for soccer. He is hoping to be able to go snowboarding a lot this winter. He is in ski club at school. Quite a few of his friends board.
I have been busy at work. It seems hygienist have to do so much there isn't a lot of time to clean the patients teeth. Kind of gets ridiculous at times!
We are hoping the whole auto mess gets worked out. It is starting to effect Denso. They do supply the big three. We are hopeful that associates see what a union can do to a company and will keep Denso union free.
Hope everyone is having a good Christmas season and doesn't get caught up in all the "commercial stuff". We all need to be thankful everyday for the blessings we all share.



6 comments:
I tried your recipe and it was a big hit! Awesome!!!
hi
finally checking out the blogs.
Yes your baby dear one... how can i forget. You loved that doll!!
I have been baking cookies and making fudge etc today. It is snowing so it gave me something to do. take care luv u
We have a lot of snow! Joelle got her shirt today- she loves it and it fits. She wants to wear it for her tryouts- lol. I sent you a card- you should get it soon.
Awe mom you were sooooo cute! What happened?
Just kidding. You know I love you.
I was cute! What happened to that red hair? It was so bright back then. I know you love me, what is not to love?!!
Hugs and Kisses to all...
Post a Comment