CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 5, 2008

September

This week went really fast! The weather started out very hot and muggy 90's,and went to very wet and muggy! Michael's team won their first game last night 1-0! It was a great win, another cross town rival. Michael had a great game, lots of hustle to the ball and great passes. He also had some shots on goal that the goalie had a hard time stopping. It is going to be hard for him on school nights to get his homework done. He had to be on the bus at 3:30, they are supposed to watch the jv play. It was raining so that made it impossible to do homework during the game. He got home at 9:30 and was very tired, so he needs to work on a plan. Algebra 2 is going to be his most trying class.

I did watch a lot of the RNC. I am very impressed with Sarah Palin. I think she is a great role model for the young women in the republican party. I was very impressed with her speech she was very composed and competent. I was even more impressed when I found out her teleprompter was not stopping for the applause. You would of never known this when listening to her. When are women going to become supportive of other women? Why are women so critical? We need to not find faults and pettiness. I understand women will not all agree on issues, that is different!

I need to run errands today. I don't know if we will go to the football game tonight at the high school. It is a rainy day today.

love to all!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great job with Michael's team winning. We've been having some interesting soccer things going on.

Women can be tough on each other- that said I won't go into my personality disagreements with Miss Congeniality. But on issues I couldn't be further from agreeing with her. She did have good delivery of her speech although can see why she had to wrinkle her nose and smile a lot- especially saying parent's of special needs kids would have an advocate in the white house. She cut Alaska's education funding for special needs kids by 62%. That is one heck of an advocate! I am sure glad she's supports it. I guess the whole IDEA (education act) would be cut if she didn't.

Jackie said...

I view getting the award of Miss Congeniality as a good thing. Many times that is considered the top honor. I also am one to believe throwing money at a problem isn't always the best solution.

Colleen said...

Pictures are great
Just got home from Jen's
I watched more of the rnc than I was able to of the Dnc... Too bad women can't say anything negative about Sarah, but it was fine for her to call Hillary Clinton a whiner and say that she is not tough enough to be pres. I really cant see Hillary field dressing a Moose which is what Fred Thopmson seems to think qualifies one to be pres. I deeply disagree on Sarah when it comes to enviromental issues. She says she is against earmarks and yet she hired a lobbyist to bring home enough pork to Wasila to give each resident 400. That is abusive as far as I am concerned. We can have different views, but she will not get my vote. She is no Hillary!!! Wonder what Sean Hannity , Rush Limbaugh, James Dobson and Bill O'Reilly would have said if Chelsea Clinton would have gotten pregnant at 17.HMMMMM I think we have to be bi partisan !!! Love MOM